Tuesday, February 22, 2011

About Patience...

     Patience is a hard thing. That's it. There's no way to soften it or make it easier. It's simply one of those struggles that we all face every day. I've that most of the time the only way I can seek patience through a frustrating situation is to step back, take a deep breath, and throw up a silent prayer. Most of the time it's something like "Okay God, how in the world are you gonna use me in this situation?" or... "Hey God, right now would be a really great time for some advice." To my surprise, He's usually right there to take my hand and say, "Everything's gonna be fine," or... "Be stronger than that, it's just not worth it." Now I'm not saying that God isn't ALWAYS there for me or surrounding me at all times, but it's at those specific times when I can really hear Him speak. So... next time you're put in a situation like that, instead of speaking out (which never ends well), make a point to be silent, and listen to what God has to say about what's going on. Love ya'll! :)
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." James 1: 19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment